Locateand Print Different Source Types
nonfiction books (chapter) Create a Works Cited Page
encyclopedia/reference articles Copy/make a Citation for Each Source
magazine and newspaper articles Final Draft: ONLY keep the citations for the sources referred to in paper!
reputable/scholarly websites Citations = What are they anyhow?
* 3 page double spaced research paper, 12 point, Times New Roman font
* Minimum of 5 sources listed on Works Cited Page
(Mix & Match format/type; at least three (3) different types of sources required!)
* book,* reference/encyclopedia article (print or electronic), *journal article, *news article, *academic website, *interview
* MLA (Modern Language Assoc.) 8th Edition Format
created using Noodletools
1. Research Question Approved
___ 2. Mark Calendar for Project Due Dates!
___ 4. Develop Search Terms & "Search Phrases" from research questions
___ 5. Use Search Terms & "Phrases" to locate book & e-sources; PRINT & copy citations as you go!
___ 6. Search for and select an Academic Website for your paper
___ 7. Print, read, & highlight all 5 sources (2-3 interesting points/source only!)
___ 8. Organize highlighted information onto color coded note cards, a graphic organizer or
outline paraphrasing important facts and ideas
___ 9. Write 1st draft & print out Works Cited page; match in-text citations to full citations
The LSA Library will be open during the following hours this fall:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 7:30 - 4:00 pm