PREPRODUCTION: Communication Strategy
1. Identify purpose: inform, persuade, entertain
2. Identify target audience: existing beliefs, attitudes, & knowledge of subject matter
Do you want to change their minds/opinon?
3. Identify your message
4. How will you hold and keep the attention of your audience/
5. Which multimedia format is best suited to convey your message?
PRODUCTION: Group Process/Input
1. Let creative ideas flow at first without evaluation; bounce ideas off one another
2. Delegate specific responsibilities to individual members ("researcher, audience analyst,creative designer, and project manager . . .") finally, then coordinate efforts
3. Investigate free multimedia production tools (see list/links in original article)
4. Set deadlines and reasonable limitations to scope of project
POST PRODUCTION: Get Feedback and Revise
1. Try out the project on a few people from the targeted audience
2. Make revisions as you determine they're needed
3. Share your project and ENJOY!
4. Reflect with partner/team as to what worked and what could have been improved for next time!
University of Kansas: Multimedia Project Grading Rubric