St. John Baptist de La Salle: 1651 - 1719
Patron Saint of Teachers
Feast Day: April 7th
Created by: Bro. Joseph Hiep Created by: Bro. Felipe Ocadiz Created by: Bro. Fermin Gainza
Canonization: 1900 Beatification: 1950
1) SILENT READING/STUDY of the source assigned to your Group
2) (20 points) DISCUSSION: Group agrees on the 5 points that will be shared on Group Slide(s)
3) RECORD/TYPE: One member will record points/info on Google Slide(s)
6)REPORTER explains content choices for Group Google Slides (Slide Content, image w/caption & citation ALL GROUP MEMBERS = Proofreaders before presentation!)
1) Readers - all
5) Citation Maker
1) Open the Lasallian Adventure Timeline and find out what happened in the following years
2) Type significant event beside each date on slides
3) Be prepared to explain why your group thinks that these are important to the Lasallian Legacy
4) Choose an image from one the "Lasallian Image Sources" links and add it to the Introductory Slide for your group. Caption image - identify artist!
5) Create citation for the "Lasallian Adventure Timeline" using Noodletools and copy and paste it to the last slide/Works Cited for the Classroom Slideshow. Note: citations must be listed alphabetically!
1) Read the short biography written by Brother George Van Grieken, FSC and John Gray
2) Identify five of his exemplary accomplishments
3) Type them onto Group slide
4) Find an image from one of the Brother artists, Place on Slide and Caption it!
1) Review the information contained on the Introductory webpage "Where We Are" and visit the links to each of the 5 Lasallian Regional Centers.
2) Agree upon five interesting/important facts/statistics that the group discovered about the global Lasallian ministry and record these on the Google Slides for the group.
3) Select an image from the links provided in the "Image Sources: Lasallian Artists" box above and caption image by identifying the artist.
4) Add citation for the "Where We Are" webartice/webpage to the Works Cited list at the end of the class Google Slideshow. Note: citation can be created in Noodletools and must be listed alphabetically
1) Listen to Brother Gerard Rummery's video
2) Discuss and summarize five reasons why he thought John Baptist de La Salle was made the Patron Saint of Teachers
3) Type these 5 reasons on Group slide
4) Choose an Image from one of he Brother Artists work provided in the "Lasalliam Image Sources" box, place on Introductory Slide and Caption it with artist's name
5) Create a citation for the video using Noodletools. Copy and Paste it into the Class Slideshow's last slide "Works Cited" alphabetically.
1) Open the link to the Christian Brothers Conference web page
2) Under the first section "Words of the Founder" - Open the link for "100 Short Quotations . . ." document
3) Take @10 minutes to read through the quotes and as a group choose five that you feel give you a sense of what was truly important to John Baptist de La Salle
4) Type them on your slide(s)
5) Choose an image from one of the Brother artists provided in the "Lasallian Image Sources" box, and Caption it with artist's name
6) Be prepared to explain why you chose these quotes
7) Create a citation for the "Words of the Founder" webpage using Noodletools and copy and paste it onto the last slide of the Classroom Slideshow - the Works Cited page!
1) Click on "Advanced Search" link
2) do Keyword Searches: top box "louis XIV" second box: poverty
3) Open the link for the "Reference Articles"
4) Open the article titled "France"
4) Carefully read the sections: "FRENCH SOCIAL HISTORY UNDER THE OLD REGIME:1500-1789" - thru the first two subsections: "Peasants, nobility, & clergy" and "urban and Rural social Structures" (first 13 paragraphs)
4) Identify 5 interesting points about inequality and poverty during those years
5) Type them on the Group 5 Slide
6) Find image from one of the Brother Artists, place on Slide & Caption it
King Louis XIV, by Nicolas-Rene Jollain
BOOKS WRITTEN BY ST. JOHN BAPTIST DE LA SALLE !
1) Read St. John Baptist De La Salle's Chapter #7 about "Prayers"
2) What is the same in our school? What is different?
3) Identify five interesting observations about prayer
4) Record/type them on Group Slide
5) Find image from one of the links found in the 'Lasallian Image Sources" box for introductory slide and CAPTION it.
6) Create citation for chapter on "Prayers" using Noodletools. Copy and paste citation to the last slide of class Google Slideshow "Works Cited" be sure your citation is listed alphabetically!