Image Source: Boostability Blog
- From your research question or topic, circle the "main idea" words or concepts.
- Brainstorm for synonyms and related terms. You could use a thesaurus or find words used in the subject areas of databases.
- Add to your list as you search, as certain words may keep popping up in your search.
- Remember: Do NOT type your entire research question into search boxes - only type Keywords.
- Tip: Remember the truncation tip - add an asterisk after the beginning part of a word (Ex. econom* ------ economy, economic, economist, economics).