How to Export a Citation from a Database (Magic Button)
1. You must be logged into your project and on the Sources page of Noodletools.
2. Go to your database article and click on the Cite button (Gale and ProQuest/NYT) and choose Noodletools. See pictures at bottom of this tutorial.
3. Double-check that citation is in MLA format and it is going to the correct project. Then, hit the Import Reference button.
4. Go back to your sources page in Noodletools. You will need to hit the refresh button to see the citation.
How to Copy a Citation from a Database
1. Copy MLA 8 or 9 formatted citation from database.
2. In NoodleTools, click the sources button to the right of the project title you want to work on.
3. Click on the green New Source button at the top right:
4. Choose Database:
5. Then choose Original Content in Database:
6. Near top, click on
7. Paste your copied database citation in the box:
8. Click on the blue SAVE button at the top.
To access these Databases at home/off-campus, you will need the LSA username and password. If your forgot the username and password, they are available on Blackbaud.
Blackbaud > Resources > Library