Putting an author's ideas/facts into your own words & sentence structure
When in doubt, cite it!
MLA 8th Edition Citation Elements Graphic
(NOODLETOOLS IS A SISTER COMPANY WITH GOOGLE!)
2) Open Noodletools Link (above)
3) In Upper Right Corner /"Access via Google for Education" box:
Type your LSA gmail Username
Click "Sign In"
Username Box: Your Gmail login
Password: Studentlast 2 digits of your graduation year
4) Answer series of short questions about setting up a new account (Select your graduation year)
Select a "Student" Account
New to Noodletools?
Try the Tutorials to get you going!
Image Source: USA Today
I. Log in to your LSA Gmail Acct & NoodleTools
["ACCESS VIA GOOGLE FOR EDUCATION"]
II. Create a "New Project"
a. Type in title = Your Famous Person
b. Click MLA citation format
c. Click "Junior" Citation Level
II. From "Dashboard"
a Type in Research Question = Your Famous Person
b. In Middle "Sharing and Collaboration Box" : Public View - Keep Open to Public Access
c. In "Sharing ?" Box - Click on Share with a Project Inbox - Drop Down/Select:
Your Teacher's Last Name: Assignment
WEBPAGE/ WEB ARTICLE
3) Click/Select Project Link
7) Return to Web Page and copy the URL & locate the date it was published/updated
8) Return to Noodletools webpage form and copy in the URL & type in the publication date
Add today's date as the "Access Date"
9) Complete/Manually type in the rest of webpage info into boxes & click "Submit"
10) Click :
Log into your Gmail acct.
Log into Noodtools
Open link for your project
Open button for your project
Drop down to "Print/Export to Google Docs" option
Wait a moment and it will translate your source page into a "Beautiful" Works Cited Google Doc!!
1) Open/locate source that you will be capturing information from
4) Click/Select Project Link
5) Open "Notecards" Tab
7) Complete the following boxes:
Title: Type subtopic in box
Source: Drop down to Select source from the list that you've saved
8) Copy Original: Highlight, copy, and paste the section/info from the source that you plan to paraphrase in the "Copy, Paste & Annotate Here" Box
9) Paraphrase box ("In Your Own Words Box" ): Write a sentence using your own vocabulary & grammar so it is significantly different from original sentence/section in the source, but be sure to retain accuracy and meaning!
Video: Published by IMGUR: Created by TheFlyingDutchman, 2014
From Dashboard, Select "Notecards" Button
In far right corner you will see
Click on Topic to add major topic
Click on to add another topic
Drag notecards from left tabletop to appropriate topic/subtopic
Hover over any element and click Delete to edit
Because you are already logged into your school gmail account while using Noodletools,
you can Press the button from the Dashboard
and your paper will be saved to your Google Docs account!