Skip to main content
What Are Databases? (from Yavapai College)
Databases: The Better Choice for Research
- Anyone can create a website.
- Databases are trustworthy, reliable and checked by experts. With websites, you need to spend extra time evaluating whether or not the information is coming from a trusted and reliable source.
- Databases can contain many types of sources, including articles (reference, magazine, newspaper and journal), images, video, audio and primary sources.
- Databases have more advanced search capabilities with their database tools (Narrow by date, source type, etc.)
- Databases provide fully formatted MLA citations that you can copy and paste into Noodletools or your Works Cited page. This is a huge time saver!
- Your teachers will be impressed!